SelfBrand's specialty is working with success-driven individuals - executives, professionals, leaders - and giving them the tools to maximize their success.
In today's business world, everyone wants instant results. Yet everyday there are so many urgent business issues, it can be hard to develop a vision for yourself and a game plan for success that brings maximum value to your career and your company.
Who Can Benefit
Coaching is a tool for fast movers, people who are looking for tools, a process and objective advice to achieve their goals:
- Executives going through change: a promotion, stretch assignment or new role.
- Executives or professionals who want to improve leadership skills: The ability to lead and influence others involves soft power skills that few were trained in.
- Executives and entrepreneurs who want to innovate and market new products in a dynamic marketplace.
Why Catherine Kaputa and SelfBrand
Unlike many other business coaches, Catherine Kaputa, founder of SelfBrand, has had a long career at large and medium-sized companies working in the trenches and running businesses, including her roles as SVP, Director of Branding, Advertising and Community Affairs at Citigroup Smith Barney and Shearson Lehman Brothers.
And, unlike other coaches, Catherine is a personal brand strategist. She incorporates in her coaching the tools and strategies she had learned working in the commercial world of brands to help clients define and own their value and career success. She launched SelfBrand in 2002 to offer business coaching and talks and workshops on how to brand yourself for success.
The methodology for Catherine's approach to coaching can be found in her award-winning book, You Are a Brand! How Smart People Brand Themselves for Business Success, winner of the Ben Franklin Award for Best Career Book and a Top 10 Employee Training Book in China. The book has been translated into Chinese, Japanese, Korean, German, Portuguese, Indonesian, Czech and others.
Catherine's coaching of female leaders led to her second book, The Female Brand: Using the Female Mindset for Business Success on creating more female leaders.
Catherine's work with entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs resulted in her 2012 book, Breakthrough Branding: How Smart Entrepreneurs and Intrapreneurs Transform a Small Idea Into a Big Brand.
Catherine has coached senior executives in a wide range of industries from Director, Vice President, Senior Vice President, Executive Vice President and President levels as well as high potential employees and entrepreneurs.
Structure of Engagement
Each corporate coaching assignment is designed to meet the specific goals of the individual and the company. While Catherine is committed to achieving the company's goals, her tie is to the individual as a confidential advisor and coach working with them to achieve those goals.
A typical engagement includes:
- Active 1 to 1 meetings by phone or in person twice a month. Sessions range from 60 to 90 minutes with a clear-cut focus set up in advance for each meeting.
- Email and telephone exchanges: Catherine is available for important exchanges on time-sensitive issues.
- Initial assessment of client – coach fit and preliminary discussion of key goals and outcomes.
- Data gathering and goal setting involving the client, client's boss and HR/ Leadership Development head.
- Development of SelfBrand Strategy and Action Plan for each client to achieve their goals.
- Six month review of program with option to continue or end the engagement.